Big Jones Bourbon Society
Joining the Big Jones Bourbon Society
- To join the BJBS please ask your server for a sign-up form. We ask everyone who joins the BJBS to give us an email address so we can send monthly updates to you.
- Sign up and get a Big Jones Bourbon Society passport listing 46 bourbons and whiskeys. All of these bourbons and whiskeys are available at Big Jones (most of the time) — as you taste each passport, we’ll stamp your passport.
- Members who make it through all 46 bourbons/whiskeys will achieve the status of Master Taster and win tickets to a special all-out whiskey dinner for Master Tasters only.
- Members who present their BJBS passport during any meal at Big Jones are entitled to one complimentary pour of the Society’s whiskey selection of the month. Every month will feature a new bourbon or whiskey. Complimentary pours are available seven days a week with any meal or dessert purchase.
- Priority invitations to special bourbon dinners.
- Monthly email updates concerning the bourbon/whiskey of the month and new arrivals on our bourbon list.
Guidelines and Rules
- Big Jones Bourbon Society membership is available only to 21 years of age or older.
- Big Jones asks all BJBS members to give Big Jones a valid active email address. Members agree to become and remain a part of the BJBS email list. Big Jones will not share these email addresses with anyone else.
- Big Jones reserves the right to revoke membership or end the program at any time. (We hope we don’t have to!)
- Complimentary pours are available with any meal with an entree or dessert purchase. One pour is available per meal per cardholder.
- Complimentary pours are from the chosen selection for the month, not for every item in stock.
- The passport and program have no cash value. The passport is non-transferable.
History of our Whiskeys of the Month
- May 2013: Blanton’s
- April 2013: Elijah Craig 12-year
- March 2013: Ravenswood Rye
- February 2013: Evan Williams
- January 2013: Redemption Rye
- December 2012: Jefferson’s Small Batch
- November 2012: Cyrus Noble
- October 2012: Larceny from Heaven Hill
- September 2012: George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whisky
- August 2012: Koval Rye Chicago
- July 2012: Elmer T. Lee
- June 2012: Buffalo Trace
- May 2012: Heaven Hill
- April 2012: High West
- March 2012: W. L. Weller Special Reserve
- February 2012: Rittenhouse Rye 100
- January 2012: Basil Hayden’s
- December 2011: Whipper Snapper
- November 2011: Four Roses Bourbon
- October 2011: W. H. Harrison Indiana Bourbon
- September 2011: Rowan’s Creek
Here’s a history of our Bourbon Society Whiskey Dinners:
- New Orleans Riverboat Soiree with North Shore Distillery
- Dinner on the Grounds, ca. 1913 with Koval Distillery
- Kentucky Table Celebration with Buffalo Trace
- Appalachian Spring, ca. 1880 with High West Distillery
- Kentucky Tavern Winter’s Evening, ca. 1840 with Jim Beam